Despite Tom Coughlin missing the postseason with a winning record and Bill Belichick falling short of his sixth Super Bowl appearance in 2012, the two decorated head coaches still remain the standard in their profession.
At least the people at NFL.com think so.
NFL.com columnist Adam Schein ranked the top coaches in the NFL, and Coughlin came in at No. 2 behind the Patriots’ Belichick.
“Like Belichick, he’s a future Hall of Famer,” Schein wrote. “Coughlin has two rings and gets his Giants to overachieve. He’s a fantastic motivator and in-game coach.”
Here is a look at “The Schein Nine” list of top NFL coaches:
1) Bill Belichick, New England Patriots
2) Tom Coughlin, New York Giants
3) Mike McCarthy, Green Bay Packers
4) Jim Harbaugh, San Francisco 49ers
5) John Harbaugh, Baltimore Ravens
6) Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh Steelers
7) Sean Payton, New Orleans Saints
8) Mike Shanahan, Washington Redskins
9) Andy Reid, Kansas City Chiefs
» Giants President John Mara on rule changes
» Experts predict Giants draft pick (4/9)
» Eisen’s Mailbag: Free agent update
» 2013 Preseason opponents announced
» WATCH Draft Experts: Top WR’s
Tags: Tom Coughlin
Posted in Daily Blitz | 3 Comments »